Medley Mash

Ok, remember I said that I often open my fridge and see what's in it ? Well that's exactly what I did last night... The chops were in the freezer, so were the scallops and one (sadly) large tiger shrimp. Plus I had leftover mashed butternut squash with sweet potatoes and some leftover steamed Romanesco (not even enough for one person)... So I decided to make this "Medley Mash" and it was delicious ! For the recipe I show all the ingredients because you probably won't have those leftovers in your fridge... Or maybe you will ? Note: If you don't have Romanesco at home, no worries, you can substitute it with Broccoli or Cauliflower, or skip them all together. This is a great little recipe to make potato fritters !

Medley Mash
Time: 20 minutes
Effort: Easy
Serves 2


Ingredients
2 sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered and boiled until soft
1/2 butternut squash - peeled and seeds removed, then cut into chunks
4-5 Romanesco flowerettes (or Broccoli or Cauliflower)
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt

Steam the squash and romanesco until very well cooked and soft. In a saucepan, add the boiled sweet potatoes, squash and romanesco. Mash with a potato masher, then add butter, cream and salt and mash again. Scrape the sides with a wooden spoon and blend. The "mash" should be lumpy !

No comments:

Post a Comment